Garage Cleanouts NJ: Do you have so much stuff crammed in your garage that you can’t even squeeze your vehicle in there? This is common, but it doesn’t have to define you. It’s time to reclaim that space and start de-cluttering while making a resolution to never let the junk build up again.
You need to come up with a solid plan for sorting, organizing and deep cleaning your New Jersey garage. Your best option is to let the garage cleanout pros handle this task so you don’t waste a whole weekend (or two or three) cleaning out your garage and hauling away junk. If you do decide to DIY this cleaning project, heed these tips.
1. Take All Items Out of the Garage
Before you can sort and purge, you need to know what you have. Begin with one section of your garage (near the door), and drag all the stuff out onto the driveway or lawn. As you work, it’s wise to place different things in different areas outside depending on what your plan is for certain items.
2. Decide What to Keep
Now that you have removed everything, look at each item and ask yourself:
- Do I plan to use it in the next year?
- Why have I kept this item?
- Is it still functional?
- Is it useful?
- Does it have sentimental value?
Gather up all the things you want to keep in one area. These include:
- Items you use frequently
- Items in good working condition
Things you no longer need include:
- Outdated toys for your children who are now in college
- Equipment or gadgets you have been intending to fix for years but haven’t
- Tools you no longer use or that you could easily rent if you needed them
3. Get Rid of What’s Not Wanted
Now it’s time to sort the other stuff into a few more piles: a donate pile, a trash pile and a sell pile. Box up all items you want to sell or donate first, and put them out of the way.
If there are broken items you want to trash, throw them all into a rented dumpster or trash bin.
4. Do a Deep Clean
With everything out of the garage now, it’s the best time to do a deep clean. Going from top to bottom, dust off and wipe down cabinets, shelves and appliances such as extra refrigerators or freezers. Now, wipe everything down with a warm, damp cloth and a mild detergent, followed by a sweep of the floors to remove dust. Lastly, mop and hose the floors off while letting everything dry before replacing items.
5. Put Everything Back and Stay Organized
Take the chance now to resolve that you will not re-clutter your garage ever again. Check out these helpful organization tips:
- Place items you don’t use as frequently in cabinets or closets.
- Add shelves to increase your vertical space and keep items within easy each.
- Group items by category so you can easily find what you need.
- Place small hand tools on a pegboard.
- Use wall hooks for larger tools such as shovels or rakes.
You don’t have to be stressed when cleaning out your garage. Take your time and don’t rush things.
In the end, your best option is to show our team of trained professionals what needs to be cleaned out and we can take care of it. Now you have free time to devote to more important things!
Contact Got Trash NJ For Garage Cleanouts
Why not give yourself a break and let us take care of cleaning your garage? Let’s start things off with a free quote when you call us at 732-431-2788.